The production of aluminum ingot is composed of bauxite mining, alumina production, aluminum electrolysis and other production links.
Firstly, the bauxite is mined, then the bauxite powder is produced by water washing, grinding and other processes, and then the alumina is obtained by roasting and other four complex processes. There are three types of bauxite to produce alumina: gibbsite, diaspore and boehmite.
Among the proven bauxite reserves in the world, 92% are weathered laterite type bauxite, belonging to gibbsite type. These bauxites are characterized by low silicon, high iron and high aluminum silicon ratio, and are mainly distributed in western Africa, Oceania and central and South America. The remaining 8% are sedimentary bauxite, belonging to the type of boehmite and diaspore, with medium and low grade, mainly distributed in Greece, the former Yugoslavia and Hungary.
Due to the different characteristics of the three kinds of bauxite, various alumina production enterprises adopt different production processes, mainly Bayer process, soda lime sintering process and Bayer sintering combined process. Generally, high-grade bauxite is produced by Bayer process, while low-grade bauxite is produced by combined process or sintering process. Because of its simple process and low energy consumption, Bayer process has become the main method used in alumina production, and its output accounts for about 95% of the global alumina production.
Alumina in the role of strong current, electrolytic aluminum metal, this process is called electrolytic aluminum
Add：Nanjiao road environmental protection industrial park, Longqiu Town, Gaoyou City, Yangzhou City, Jiangsu Province
Focus on us